Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Who You Should Get to Know.........  

Social capital. Honestly, to make it in this world you gotta know people. It would be no different in a zombie apocalypse. That guy next door with the bunker who is always out hunting? Get over your fear and get to know him; he could save your life someday. Who's in your life that could save your ass in a zombie apocalypse?

Another question for you....

How deep would you roll? Meaning: how many people would you let in your crew of survivors. 5? 10? 20? 100? 1000?

Personally, I would stick with no more than 5-8. This way you don't need that many supplies to live off of, you don't take up much space so you can stay hidden, and you still have enough of a group to pay tribute to Adam Smith by specializing. For example, you would have enough people to specialize in building defenses, hunting, and repairing clothes/weapons. Most importantly you could take turns keeping watch so everybody can get a safer nights sleep.

Now..... Who do you want in your crew?
Assuming you couldn't find any family members or friends/girlfriends.... Here are some suggestions:

Policeman/woman:

Probably the ONLY time when the popo can be your best friend. Yes they will probably have a gun, but more importantly they will have a radio, which can give you valuable information and a way to connect with other survivors once the TV and internet stop working.

Outdoorsman/woman:

They know how to hunt, camp, track, and climb. People who have spent a significant portion of their life in the woods would be great to have around. They are also just down to earth friendly people. I suggest looking for outdoorsy people near you, regardless of whether there is a zombie invasion or not. Seriously, they are great folks. Go take a hike. your bound to meet a thruhiker who just discovered the meaning of life in the wilderness and is willing to share it with you.

Rich People (actors, rappers, politicians (the president), Athletes, Crimelords):

HARD to find. They probably have a big house with a fence you can defend. Also they might have a yacht or lots of fasssst cars. Charlie Sheen would probably be "winning" even during a zombie apocalypse, so find him if you can. Also rich people could have lots of nice drugs to help you relax during a stressful zombie invasion.....


People you should "unfriend" NOW to ensure your survival:


Shoppers:

OMG SHOPPING THPREE!!!!!!! These people are NEEDY. You wouldn't be able to have much to your name in a zombie apocalypse. If it takes somebody two hours to pick out a shirt I don't think they'd adapt well to the survival lifestyle.

Most Famous Women (some like Jessica Biel are exempt):

Sorry if this is sexist, but its my blog so bugger off. I would stay away from the Miley Cyrus/Madonna type folks. Snobby, arrogant, dependent, needy, complaining, annoying, distractingly hot sometimes which could be dangerous..... Famous women just wouldn't have what it takes. Plain and simple. Might be nice sharing a tent with Mila Kunis though...


3 comments:

  1. Dude, your blog is awesome. And, I totally agree! 5-8 people is a good number. What would you say about children? 'Cause they can't do much fighting and they can be slow, but ... I mean, they're children. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty hilarious! I confess that I winced when you said get rid of the "shoppers." I could myself fading into the sunset.

    ReplyDelete